Now that you understand the allure, the fun and the power of online gaming, maybe you’re rolling around the idea in your head that you might do well to start your own online gaming site. Wouldn’t it be great to have your very own internet casino featuring all of the casino games like blackjack, roulette and online bingo? It definitely can be a lucrative venture along with being fun for both you and your guests.
However, before you start printing up your business cards, designing that eye catching website, and get lost in fantasies of being the next online casino mogul, there are a few more important steps involved in starting your online gambling business. Here are the top tips you need to know before starting your online casino or online bingo business.
- Get A Gaming License – Every state in the U.S. requires any kind of gambling business to have a gaming license. You will need to do a bit of research as to what is required for your own state. These requirements can be very stringent in order to ensure that game play for your gaming operation are fair and that taxes are being reported and collected according to both state and federal laws.
- Choose a Reliable iGaming Software Provider – Once you have determined what your online gaming needs are, there are a number of companies offering pre-existing gaming software that can range in price for anywhere between $25,000 up to more than $300,000 to purchase or license. When searching for an iGaming software provider, look for one that has already established a reliable reputation and has a solid and established client base. Be sure to look at their credentials, history, and license and any industry seals of approval. Some of these software providers will allow you to lease or sub-lease an available gaming software package at a lower price than purchasing a package outright. Check for features that can be customized that will make your online casino competitive and appealing in an ocean of online casino choices.
Another option is to hire programmers to create software for you that is exclusive to your site. Be aware that hiring programming professional may also be expensive and time-consuming.
- Choose and Register Your Domain Name – Choosing the name of your online bingo business requires careful thought. You want something that is easy for potential visitors to remember, easy to type or look up in an online search engine. It’s a good idea to keep it short or use keywords that give users a clear idea of what your business offers or what you want to be known for. Once you’ve decided on the right domain name and checked availability, be sure to register it.
- Create a Logo – Once you have the domain registered for your online gambling business, you can begin thinking about your logo. Your logo should show your casino name or domain address as part of it and can be easily recognized by online visitors to your site. Make your logo brightly colored and eye catching so that it is easy to recognize. Such elements will also enhance your site’s memorability for visitors.
- Choose a Payment System Provider – Some iGaming software packages offer complete services that include payment processing. Try to choose a payment system that offers several different methods of payment in a secure environment for both your business and that of your players. These options should include payment methods such as credit or debit cards, PayPal, for example. Be sure that payment methods and options for both receiving funds and paying outs are compliant with the gaming license you have.
- Begin Marketing to the Bingo Affiliate Community – The online bingo and casino sites that feature affiliate programs are often some of the most successful. You want your affiliate program to give timely payments to both you and to your players with high commissions as well as big bonuses. You also want to be able to track who is accessing your site with relevant information such as payouts, ongoing promotions. Many affiliate sites offer banners and flyers to further promote your site across the internet. The more flyers, ads and promos that get sent out, the higher the number of people who will sign up for an affiliate program and will encourage friends and relatives to also take part and earn even more money.